Monday 22 April 2013

Well here we are!

It's been more than a week since my last post, but I've been a bit busy. Last Thursday, the removalists arrived at our place in Sydney and loaded us (well, our furniture, and all our other worldly possessions) into a full on semi-trailer! Our stuff only took up half the trailer, though. And I thought we had a lot of stuff - actually, we DO have a lot of stuff, but in the semi-trailer, it looked really little.

We drove up to Bathurst on Thursday afternoon, taking Maggie the nutso cat with us. She whinged for the first 30 seconds or so, then shut up, thank goodness. She wasn't happy, but she was good about it.

We slept on the most uncomfortable air mattress ever that night. Maggie emerged from hiding behind the curtains to sleep on a rug in a wardrobe - she is a wuss!

All our stuff arrived on Friday, and we have been unpacking ever since. We still have a long way to go, but at least the place feels comfy and like a home, not just a house.

No photos today - they will come later in the week, when we find the cables that connect the camera and phone to the computer. The computer was one of the first things unpacked, but we can't remember where the cables went. Oops.

Usually I would be working on the laptop, where I can connect direct from the camera or phone without cables, but the laptop has some sort of ailment. We don't know if it is terminal, but we will be taking it to the computer place today to see what can be done, or if it has to be put down.

I am SO looking forward to settling in here, and starting this next phase of my life. I have surprised myself - for once I am relishing the idea of change, instead of fearing it. I don't know how things work here, or how things will go for us, but I'm mostly comfortable with that. Les and I are a good team, and we support each other, so we will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...